Sunday, March 21, 2021

50/50 Start

 Starting to add the depth layer, it adds some strength to the yellow mid-tone I put down. 


So far I've added a thin 50/50 layer of Averand Sunset and Vallejo Flat Yellow to the wheels, guards hanging over the back tracks and started on the side paneling.  The yellow color looks a bit "smoother" and just a touch brighter.  It's a subtle add, and I will do the entire tank.  

After this 50/50 layer I will do another thin layer with only Vallejo Flat Yellow in certain locations to make the paint pop.... but one thing at a time...

I building up layers of "age" concentrated in hard to reach / clean places.  After all.... these vehicles are maintained by small, spiteful, little jerks who will do just enough to avoid being beaten or worse. 

Get your paint on!


No comments:

Post a Comment